Thank you to everyone who joined us to celebrate 25 years of EXcelerating CHANGE this past Friday, June 23rd at Croasdaile Country Club. It was a wonderful celebration filled with great company and entertainment. Thank you for being a part of it!
The Exchange Family Center has been providing support to children and families in Durham since 1992. We would not be the agency we are today without the incredible commitment of our partners. Your dedication to the agency is truly impactful for Durham families. While we are able to serve numerous children and families each year, many more must wait to receive the support they need. All proceeds from the Anniversary Gala will be used to help the more than 100 children on our waiting list move into services.
With your generosity, the event raised nearly $11,000! A simple “thank you” can’t express our true appreciation!
One of the special opportunities that was afforded to us at the 25th Anniversary Gala last week was to honor several of our long term supporters. Without their dedication to the mission, Exchange Family Center would not have been able impact so many Durham children and families over the past quarter century.
- Jim Barringer was unable join us at last Friday’s event due to health reasons. However, we simply could not celebrate this agency milestone without recognizing his commitment. Jim was one of our agency founders, has served on the board all 25 years, and uses all of his connections to develop support for the agency as well as the foundation that he helped establish to support the agency in perpetuity with interest off an untouched principal.
- Jerry Dodd has served on the board all 25 years. He continues to use his professional skills to strengthen the agency. In addition to developing EFC’s ability to follow best financial practices, he has been a leader in the annual golf tournament, one of our key fundraisers.
- Alan Jessup was one of EFC’s founders and is a source of continual support. He is serving on the board for a second time, bringing the leadership skills and community connections that he has developed in several past terms as Exchange Club of Greater Durham’s President to support EFC’s development.
- Rosalind Coleman was also unable to join us at the Gala. She has served over a decade on the board. Rosalind is a long time Exchange Club member and has devoted endless volunteer hours to projects for her club and for EFC. Her willingness to pitch in again and again with EFC’s fundraisers has allowed them to grow to better support EFC over the years.
- Bill Nichols has served for a decade on the board. Bill uses his connections with Bull City Street Rod Association and numerous local businesses to develop support for EFC. His leadership around our peanuts fundraiser is core to its continual success.
- Harold Fletcher was a founding member of EFC and has continually supported EFC’s efforts over our 25 year history. Without long term supporters like Harold, EFC would not be the thriving agency it is today.
- David Woodell was also a founding member of EFC. He has continued to support EFC over the past 25 years. David has devoted endless hours and used his connections to ensure the success of EFC’s annual golf tournament.
We cannot say ‘thank you’ enough to those whose dedication and generosity helped to open our doors and expand our capacity to be able to reach the number of families, parents, teachers, and professionals that we have since 1992.
Here’s to the next 25 years of making a difference in Durham and beyond!